Contact Number: +8801778-846380
Personal Site / Research page / Any online URL :
Room: 910, 9th Floor, Tower Bldg 2, MIST.
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Phd) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
University of Macau (UM), Macau, China
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Electronic Engineering
City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET)
- 2nd Best Paper Award, awarded by 3rd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICEEICT), 2016
- President Gold Medal, awarded by Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), 2006
 Member of Institute of Engineers, Dhaka, Bangladesh (IEB)
 Member, IEEE
Research Domain: RF, analog and mixed-signal CMOS integrated circuits, Hybrid-domain circuits and systems (wireless, biomedical), Semiconductor Device Modeling
1. M. T. Amin, K. W. K. Lui and H. C. So, "Fast Tracking of a real sinusoid with multiple forgetting factors," IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol. E91-A, no. 11, pp. 3374-3379, 2008, DOI: org/10.1093/ietfec/e91-a.11.3374.
2. H. C. So, M. T. Amin and F. K. W. Chan, "Accurate and simple estimator for lossy wave equation," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 16, No. 9, 2009, DOI: 10.1109/LSP.2009.2024797.
3. F. K. W. Chan, H. C. So, M. T. Amin, C. F. Chan and W. H. Lau "Iterative quadratic maximum likelihood based estimator for a biased sinusoid," Signal Processing, Elsevier, Vol. 90, Issue 6, 2010, DOI: org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2009.11.025.
4. M. T. Amin, P. –I. Mak, and R. P. Martins, "A 0.137 mm2 9 GHz hybrid class-B/C QVCO with output buffering in 65 nm CMOS," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 716-718, 2014, DOI: 10.1109/LMWC.2014.2344449.
5. M. T. Amin, P. –I. Mak, and R. P. Martins, “A 3.6 mW 6 GHz current-reuse VCO-buffer with improved load drivability in 65 nm CMOS”, International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 133-138, 2015, DOI: 10.1002/cta.1933, 2015.
6. M. T. Amin, J. Yin, P. –I. Mak, and R. P. Martins, "A 0.07 mm2 2.2 mW 10 GHz current-reuse class-B/C hybrid VCO achieving 196 dBc/Hz FoMA," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 457-459, 2015, DOI: 10.1109/LMWC.2015.2427582.
7. O. Faruqe and M.T Amin, “Wide Tuning Range Varactorless Tunable Active Inductor Based Voltage Controlled Oscillator for Wireless Applications,” Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, 2019, DOI: 10.1142/S0218126619502426.
8. O. Faruqe and M.T Amin, “Active Inductor with Feedback Resistor Based Voltage Controlled Oscillator Design for Wireless Applications,” International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 57-64, 2019, DOI: 10.24425/ijet.2019.126283.
9. O. Faruqe and M.T Amin, “Design and Performance Analysis of Active Inductor Based VCO for IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Applications,” International Journal of Electronics, 2019, DOI: 10.1080/00207217.2019.1661030.
10. O. Faruqe, R. Akhter and M.T Amin, “A Low Power Wideband Varactorless VCO Using Tunable Active Inductor,” TELKOMNIKA, vol. 18, no. 1, 2020.
11. O. Faruqe, A. I. Lim and M. T. Amin, “Tunable active inductor based VCO and BPF in a single integrated design for wireless applications in 90 nm CMOS process,” Engineering Reports. 2020;e12220, DOI: 10.1002/eng2.12220.
- Farhana Yasmin, Asha Basak, Maisha Mahin and M. T. Amin, “MOS Capacitance Based 3-Stage Current Starved Ring VCO for Wireless Applications,” International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE), Bangladesh, 2019, DOI: 10.1109/ECACE.2019.8679192.
- O. Faruqe, M. A. K. Bulbul, M. M. M. Saikat and M. T. Amin, “A High Output Power Active Inductor Based Voltage Controlled Oscillator for Bluetooth Applications in 90nm Process,” 4th International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICEEICT), Bangladesh, 2018, DOI: 10.1109/CEEICT.2018.8628116.
- Z. Tabassum, M. Shahrin, A. Ibnat and M. T. Amin, “Comparative Analysis and Simulation of Different CMOS Full Adders Using Cadence in 90 nm Technology,” 3rd International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), Pune, India, 2018, DOI: 10.1109/I2CT.2018.8529482.
- O. Faruqe, M. A. K. Bulbul, M. M. M. Saikat and M. T. Amin, “Comparative analysis and simulation of active inductors for RF applications in 90 nm CMOS,” 3rd International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology (EICT), Bangladesh, 2017, DOI: 10.1109/EICT.2017.8275233.
- R. Islam, A. N. K. Suprotik, S. M. Z. Uddin and M. T. Amin, “Design and analysis of 3 stage ring oscillator based on MOS capacitance for wireless applications,” International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE), 2017, DOI: 10.1109/ECACE.2017.7912998.
- M. T. Amin, “On the selection of passive elements for low phase noise LC tank VCO in 65 nm process,” 3rd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICEEICT), Bangladesh, 2016, DOI:10.1109/CEEICT.2016.7873163.
- M. T. Amin, P. –I. Mak, R. P. Martins, "A 0.5 V 10 GHz 8-Phase LC-VCO combining current-reuse and back-gate-coupling techniques consuming 2 mW," IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, (ISCAS), Beijing, China, 2013, DOI: 10.1109/ISCAS.2013.6572435.
- M. T. Amin, F. K. W. Chan and H. C. So, "Frequency estimation of damped noisy real sinusoid based on linear prediction," Proc. IASTED International Conference on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition and Applications, Innsbruck, Austria, 2008
Semiconductor Device Modeling
Analog Integrated Circuit
Solid State Devices
Advanced VLSI Design
VLSI II Lab
- Instructor Class ‘A’ (Associate Professor), Department of EECE, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
Duration: January, 2019 – Present.
- Instructor Class ‘B’ (Assistant Professor), Department of EECE, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
Duration: August, 2015 – December, 2018.
- Lecturer, Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Khulna-9203, Bangladesh
Duration: June, 2005 – Septemmber, 2006.